From the moment I applied to Steinhardt's Masters in Dance Education, technology was utilized. I submitted my five minute audition "tape" via Youtube. I filmed the video on my Ipod, uploaded it to my computer, and simply sent a Youtube link to the university. In my Technology Resources in the Arts class we are making a website, editing photos, and now creating a blog. I have also used Youtube to aid in my choreography and rehearsal processes.
Video in dance is extremely important as it is difficult to keep a record of the art in a written form as is done in music. Laban created a notation that is still used, however, its efficacy in reproducing pieces is debated. Making video more accessible to artists, I bought a refurbished Ipod for $80 that I use in my creation process. Some of my professors also use video to teach choreography to new dancers.
Technology is also a valuable tool for advertising and providing public education about the arts. As a result of dance's ephemeral nature, it is difficult to share. If I am unable to see (or afford) a show, researching on the web is at least an alternative (though definitely not as interesting). Technology allows us to share and learn more about the arts.